This event is made possible by our generous sponsors – URS, Central States Bus Sales, Musick Construction, University of MO - St. Louis, Fred Weber, Inc., the St. Louis Regional Chamber, Siemens, Washington University, EFK Moen, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Webster University and more.
Win 10 Free Ride Metro passes & two Moonlight Ramble admissions!
Thank you St. Louis for using public transportation and to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Metro you can enter to win 10 Free Ride Metro passes as well as two free admissions to ride in the Moonlight Ramble!
• Since its opening in 1993, more than $16 billion in new development has occurred within a half mile of MetroLink.
• For every one dollar invested in transit, there is a $4 return for this region.
• July 31 is the exact anniversary of MetroLink opening its doors in St. Louis in 1993.
• When MetroLink opened, it opened to record ridership demand, a trend that has continued to this day.
• The St. Louis region now has 37 stations and 43 miles of tracks serving both Missouri and Illinois.
• Metro provides access to 97% of the jobs in St. Louis city and county.
• ST. Louis voters approved a referendum in 2010 to ensure that MetroLink and the connecting system stay on track.
• The Metro system also leads the nation in several important transit measures, including maintenance costs, MetroBus ridership and is in the top 10 for light rail ridership.
• Using MetroLink is a great way for St. Louisans to get healthy as there is a walking or biking component at one or both ends of their trips.
• With more people using public transit, we decrease our reliance on fossil fuels. If one in 10 Americans used transit regularly, U.S. reliance on foreign oil could decline by more than 40%, or nearly the amount of oil imported from Saudi Arabia each year.